Interesting enough, we just had this thread topic in our forum at VAnetworking.com, the FREE Social Network for Virtual Assistants. This week we had our 12,000th member register for our network and answers are always readily shared to any question.
Some of the things suggested were:
- Develop a business plan. The research to produce this document will help you understand so many hidden crevices that you may never have even thought of surrounding your Virtual Assistant business. (I share my completed Virtual Assistant Business plan together with sample financials in the VBSS System to help you write yours.)
- Get a website online right away! Either learn how to get it ranked high in the search engines or source out this aspect, so you start generating lots of traffic to it.
- Network, network and network more!
- Stay positive! There will be naysayers and there will be days you want to throw in the towel, but you have to be strong enough to move on and keep growing your business. Stay focused on your goals, believe you can reach them and you will.
- If you have a reasonable grasp of legalese, develop your contracts from templates (provided in the VBSS System) and then go see a lawyer to fine tune them.
- Do your own due diligence. Educate yourself and do your research on the Virtual Assistant industry before you set up business. Again, I am going to highly recommend joining my FREE Virtual Assistant Networking Association at www.VAnetworking.com. This forum is the largest online meeting place for successful and aspiring Virtual Assistants worldwide. You can ask whatever questions about the VA industry you like here since there is always someone who will offer their VA knowledge and experience to you. Our motto is: “Remember, no question is ever stupid, stupidity comes from not asking when you have the opportunity (www.VAnetworking.com) to do so”
Finally, whether you are a Veteran VA or a VA looking for help starting up your Virtual Assistant business, I highly suggest investing in my Virtual Business Startup System. It has a full 45-day money-back guarantee. Have a look and, if you don’t think it will benefit your VA business, send it back for a full refund with no questions asked.
To Your Virtual Success!