Are you struggling in your VA business right now?
Need a hand to help you clear the clutter and take revenue-generating ACTION?
Is your next business breakthrough in your service-based business just around the corner but you can’t seem to reach it?
I’m Tawnya Sutherland and since 2003 I’ve been coaching Virtual Assistants (Freelancers and Service Providers like Graphic Designers, Ghostwriters, Social Media Managers, Project Managers, OBMs, Copywriters, Marketers, etc.) to help them clear the clutter and take revenue-generating ACTION!
Not only have I been in business as a Virtual Assistant for over 20+ years myself, but I am also a Certified Internet Marketing Business Strategist from the University of British Columbia which means I have a wealth of online business marketing knowledge to share with you.
Service-based entrepreneurs who work with me as their VIP Coach get the full benefit of my skills, knowledge, experience and PASSION for helping businesses succeed online in this increasingly competitive industry. Now it’s your turn to get a daily answer to your administrative question, marketing question, networking question, branding question, startup question, money question, expansion question, OR any question that is in your curious sweet mind.
It’s easy to see why thousands of entrepreneurs have joined the virtual assistant industry over the past decade. (I was one of the first back in 1997!) The benefits are hard to resist. You get to choose your own hours. You can work wherever and however you want. The kids get more time with Mom. And hallelujah, you get to dump the cubicle and do things your way!
But there’s a harsh reality beneath the shiny veneer of starting your own VA business from home. I’ve lived it, and you might be living it now.
Virtual Assistance Has Pioneered New Income Streams for Thousands of Smart, Ambitious Entrepreneurs Just Like You
But There’s a “Not-So-Glamorous Side” That Until Now, Nothing Could Prepare You For
As the founder of THE biggest VA networking community online today (over half a million registrations since 2003), I have an up-close perspective on what’s happening the VA industry. Not all of it is good news.
Here’s just some of the stuff very few people will tell you about being a VA:
- Average revenues in this biz vary wildly, but many very skilled VAs are hard pressed to command (and GET) more than $20 or $30 an hour for their services.* That might sound okay, but after you deduct expenses and the tax man takes a cut, working those long hours seems hard to justify. (Especially if you are thinking of making a 6-figure income in your VA career).
- There is a LOT of squabbling and strife in the VA industry. Yes, this is also true for many industries, but forming alliances ONLINE with people you can really trust can be tough as a VA. Even tougher if you’re a relative newcomer.
- A high percentage of VAs (maybe even HALF)* still work at a J-O-B in addition to running their VA business. There goes the flexible lifestyle so many women crave when starting their businesses.
- It can take YEARS to build a profitable business that pays you at least as well or better than many career alternatives now available to smart, ambitious women. In that time, some VAs lose steam and burn out, working too many hours for not enough money.
- Building and keeping a loyal client base is tougher than ever. And while some VAs thrived through the recession, others were hit hard. Business owners are tightening their budgets, but especially for “outside help” perceived as a luxury, not a necessity to running a strong business.
It’s not a pretty picture over on “this side” of the industry. Yet these are the cold truths of what I see every single day as a coach and mentor to VAs from all over the world.
Maybe you’re experiencing some of these challenges yourself.
You dream of a day when you can “find your groove” and be CONFIDENT in your value, refusing to settle for “doing okay” in their business.
I myself have endured too many trials and tribulations over the past 20+ years to list here. What I can tell you, though, is that anyone can overcome a business obstacle if they want what’s on the other side badly enough.
If you’re struggling with your VA business right now, you might find yourself constantly asking these questions:
- Will I ever have a FULL roster of clients that I LOVE to work with?
- Can I really ask for a HIGHER RATE and GET it?
- Why don’t the people I love “get” what I’m trying to do?
- Is it always going to be THIS hard to make money in my business?
- Do I have the skills and experience to make this fly, profitably?
- Can I get more clients with my website or social media? How?
- Is it possible for a “homebody” to make good money at this?
- How can I scale my business into a 6-figure revenue stream?
I asked myself all of the above questions and more when I started out as a legal and administrative Virtual Assistant over two decades ago. I was a newly single mom with 3 young children to support. I was in a city where I hardly knew anyone, and I had no idea at any given moment how I was going to pay the rent.
So I took any work I could get because frankly, I didn’t have a choice. If they had a pulse I’d work for them. I took on all kinds of clients and projects for VERY low rates. And I worked NIGHT AND DAY to make ends meet and build multiple six-figure businesses I own today. For example, VAnetworking.com is the largest social network of its kind, and my VA business commands an hourly rate I only DREAMED of asking for just a few years ago.
It wasn’t easy and I made so many mistakes along the way.
Now, does this mean you have to stumble through and work yourself to the bone as I did? Do you have to work so many hours a day at the computer that you can’t see straight? Do you have to keep taking extra “shifts” at another job just to get by until “things get better in the business?”
No, no and NO!
I can’t stand to see smart, hardworking women (and men) like you suffering and struggling in their VA businesses.
Because you really don’t have to!
Had I known two decades ago what I know now I’d have grown my businesses that very first year!
(And with half the heartache!)
Wouldn’t it be great to cut YOUR “learning curve” by half?
Again and again, in my coaching discussions with VAs, I see that the knowledge and wisdom I’ve acquired over the years is TEACHABLE. And the challenges inherent in starting a VA business are COACHABLE.
And this is why I have my VIP Coaching Sessions where NEW and experienced Virtual Assistants (who want to scale their business) will work with me, Tawnya Sutherland, privately 1 on 1.
My monthly intensive, one-on-one coaching sessions will help to take away the fear and trepidation that is holding you back from the success and financial freedom you’re striving for. I will help you LEAP OVER the roadblocks that are stopping you from achieving your dreams of being a highly successful Virtual Assistant.
So that it doesn’t take you years to reach your business goals!
I’ve personally coached 1000’s of Virtual Assistants over the years. I don’t hold anything back with my protégés. I give everything I have and then some. VAs who work with me one-on-one get the full benefit of my skills, experience and PASSION for helping women succeed online in this increasingly competitive industry.
TWO Decades of Skills, Experience and Some Hard Knocks Too. I’m ready to share my hard-won wisdom with YOU.
Because there is no faster way to business success than having a daily, devoted, caring, COACH at your side.
(I wish I had one of those 20+ years ago!)
If I can do it, you can do it. Whatever kind of virtual business you want to create!
You may or may not have dreams of building an “empire.” That isn’t the point. What matters is that you build something that gives you joy, easily pays the bills … and maybe then some!
How would it feel to finally use your talents at a higher level and for more money, Quickly and with expert guidance and support?
Without question, these sessions can be intensive, usually beginning with a “focus session” dedicated to understanding what’s going right—and wrong—in your VA business. We will figure out where you are now, and where you want to be (and I’ll push you to reach for your dreams!).
From our very first VA Kickoff Focus Session you will:
- Start thinking more strategically about your business and marketing.
- Feel truly VALIDATED around what’s “hurting” in your business.
- Get motivated and energized to start taking positive ACTION.
- Feel more confident in your unique journey to business success.
- Begin setting clear, achievable goals even if you’re feeling stuck.
- Start to see what’s valuable and great about YOU (so you earn more!).
- Uncover new revenue opportunities to build your business quickly.
I’m going to get you into “growth mode” and put together a plan of action that will sustain and support your long-term personal and financial success as a VA!
In the next 3, 6 or 12 months that follow:
We will focus on strengthening what’s weak and leveraging those areas that show potential like:
- Putting together a marketing plan to get your client base booked solid.
- Finding “hidden talents” you may have that’s just waiting to be revealed to the world.
- Zoning in on your target market and niche with a marketing plan you can implement.
- Developing your pricing and packages that attract buyers.
- Perhaps you’re feeling unsure about a new service offer or business idea and need support.
- How to scale your VA business with other income streams like affiliate marketing.
- These are no-holds-barred sessions where we work out the kinks and keep you motivated to take action again and again!
- We can discuss anything that you’d like to discuss other ways to add more revenue streams to your current business plan.
I’ll prepare you for the online business world with resources and suggestions to help you overcome future obstacles and hurdles that may come your way. We’ll focus on a plan of action for you to implement over the next 3, 6 or 12 months depending on what package you choose to help you…
Get booked solid with clients!
Or whatever it is you want to happen in your business like:
- Launch or relaunch your VA business
- Adding affiliate marketing to your revenue stream (my specialty)
- Create a product you can sell
- Starting up your own podcast or livestream
- Scaling your business into an agency
- You name it! You got it!
I will leverage my business and marketing expertise to provide you with the highest knowledge, resources and recommendations to power your VA business into higher levels of success and income. Through these VIP VA Coaching sessions, you will receive objective feedback on your business processes and marketing, your “next big thing” ideas for growth, and HOW to set and achieve bigger and bigger goals—financial or otherwise.
I’ll help you put together the missing pieces. I’ll answer your questions and will motivate you so that nothing can hold you back, allowing your VA business to thrive and grow.
In the end, my desire is for you to have the VA business that gives you the lifestyle you want.
The best investment you can make in your business is an investment in YOU.
Here’s what you’ll get if you say “YES”.
- My VIP Coaching Questionnaire which you’ll immediately download, fill out and get back to me ASAP so that I can learn more about you, your business and your needs during our sessions. Once received I’ll send you a link to book our first monthly coaching session.
- Monthly Coaching Session: We’ll do 60 minutes via my Zoom webinar room where I can show you my computer screen or look at yours. After your session is over you’ll be given a link to the video replay (if you want it recorded) to reference back on in case you need to remember resources or links I shared with you during the webinar.
- Daily Voxer VA Coaching: I will stay in touch with you daily after your coaching sessions to ensure you’re on track with meeting your goals and to answer those “niggly” questions that keep you awake at night as you work on new projects that will grow your business. Voxer is a SmartPhone app that acts just like a walkie talkie to communicate back and forth with my clients and it’s free to use. You can ask me one question per day (Tuesday-Saturday) about your VA business and I’ll answer back within 24 hours. Usually I can get back to you quicker if I’m around as I carry my phone every where with me. In the beginning you may ask me something every day and other days you might only ask me 1-2 questions a week. Either way, you know I’m available to help you on the fly when you need help. Learn all about my Voxer VA Coaching here if you would prefer that only.
I have VERY limited availability since I can only focus on a few coaching students per month.
NOTE: I only offer 3 month, 6 month or 1 year VIP Coaching packages. If I have spots open you’ll be able to order otherwise you’ll be able to be put on my waiting list.
YES, Tawnya, I’m EXCITED to work with you and kick my VA business into high gear.
Tawnya is an amazing coach. I’ve had the pleasure to work with her one-on-one as one of her coaching clients. She helped me streamline my website, find my focus for a specific niche and create my very first product – a video course. Tawnya is very professional to work with and she always knows the best ways and resources to help her clients. She is an expert in the field of Virtual Assistance and Internet Marketing. I highly recommend Tawnya to any Virtual Assistant looking to take her business to the next level.
I have had the opportunity to attend Tawnya’s one-on-one sessions and I can’t say there wasn’t a time I didn’t take away some knowledge and resourceful reference tools. I’m, for the most part, a very self-taught person, but even so, it was beneficial to me, and it will be for you to latch on to getting her as a coach regularly to gain helpful insight into establishing or growing a business. When I initially started my virtual assistance business, I knew my talents covered a variety of areas, which made it harder to figure out what I wanted my niche to be. During one of our coaching sessions, she offered ideas from observing my talents and made suggestions on how to go about in honing in on a niche. I felt she provided me with a clearer path on how to move forward. Also, she has been very supportive of my endeavor. I didn’t feel alone in my quest. She was easy to speak with and easily accessible.
My coaching sessions with Tawnya Sutherland were even better than I’d hoped. Tawnya had me fill out a questionnaire ahead of time, and she considered all of my answers before we even met. She tailored our coaching sessions to what I wanted and needed. Tawnya patiently worked with me on my website and editing service packages and helped me narrow my focus. After meeting with Tawnya, I felt motiVAted(!) and ready to take on the next steps for my VA business. Access to the recordings is a wonderful bonus because I can go back to them anytime to make sure I haven’t missed anything. THANK YOU, Tawnya!! What a blessing you are to the virtual assistant community!
When I was thinking about starting my Virtual Assistant business, I invested in her VAC System and opened my business Time on Task VA Services. I signed on for additional coaching sessions and her advice and knowledge truly helped me propel my VA business forward to the six figure mark. The level of knowledge she has of Internet Marketing and also everything Virtual Assistant related really gave me the boost I needed to get my business going and going well. Her experiences are varied and very valuable; Tawnya started her own VA business from scratch and has many bits of advice that any new or newer VAs would do well to listen to and to take to heart.
Q. Can I get you to coach me for one month only?
A. No, I only offer my VIP coaching for those who are willing to invest 3+ months of coaching time into their business. I’ve coached 1000’s of VAs over the years and success doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a few months to implement what you’ll learn from my coaching sessions and you’ll need me in your life for support while you do it. 😉
Q. Does one Voxer question about my business daily mean you will reply once only?
A. Sometimes the question can be answered in a few words but if it’s a harder one that requires a bit of ping pong communication back and forth we may exchange a few messages to cover one question. Learn more about what the Voxer VA Coaching includes by clicking here.
Having Tawnya by your side to mentor you through the growing pains of entrepreneurship is invaluable! Tawnya was my secret weapon during those times in my business growth and development when I wasn’t sure if I had what it took to be successful. Not to mention that I couldn’t help but absorb her amazing (and proven) marketing intuition. If you’re looking for a generous, compassionate coach who will help you find your inner compass for biz success, call Tawnya Sutherland!